Google loves "authority" web sites. Sites that provide valuable information and expertise, and don't just try to sell stuff.
And to show their love, Google will reward authority sites with high search engine rankings, and lower cost per click AdWords keywords.
If you're ready to be the authority in your industry, here are the five major characteristics of an Authority Web Site:
- High Quality Content – good, useful stuff
- Large Quantity of Content – lots of pages
- High Frequency of Updates – so Google sees the site is always growing and staying current
- User Friendly – with intuitive navigation and helpful links
- Good Reputation – as determined by other authority sites linking to you
The easiest way to create your own Authority Web Site is by blogging. My entire askHowie site is constructed as a WordPress blog (it was free, except for some design of the header and some custom hand-holding, er, programming for special features).
If you're interested in attending a 3-part blogging webinar, which I haven't decided whether I'm going to offer or not, please reply as a comment below so I can get a sense of the amount and intensity of interest before I create the webinar.